This discipline taught by Reiki applies to other practices such as yoga, deep breathing, and meditation, but it is very important.
Reiki is not the feature of a spa. It is something one carries all day, every day, as a way to harmonize the self and others with the healing that exists energetically in the universe.
I urge you, trained or untrained in Reiki, to use the following technique when you feel overwhelmed.
GETTING AWAY TECHNIQUE
1. Get away from the chaos if you can.
2. Place your hands over your eyes so your palms rest over them, and your fingers cover your forehead.
3. Envision a great tide of warm water coming into you from the universe itself, entering thorugh your crown and rinsing done your shoulders, into your arms and hands, and out through your hands. Envision this water bearing properties of love, comfort, and safety. Notice your hands, how they tingle and warm up.
4. As that feeling washes over you, think about five things for which you are deeply, in your heart, grateful.
5. Stay this way for about five minutes, and experience the restoration.
It does not matter where you do this. It could be outside, your office with the door closed, or the rest room.
Do it to begin harnessing the power of Reiki to restore you.